Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pesto Veggie Pizza: Lunch Style


I was trying to come up with something for the kids for lunch since school was cancelled again. I was tired of do the same old things for so I went to the fridge to see what we got. I found we still had leftover pizza sauce. I was going to make up a quick batch of dough but that sounded like too much work for lunch so I decided to just use the Sandwich Thins we had. As I was getting things set up for them to make their own little pizzas I had a great idea. Why not make the Pesto Veggie Pizza on one of the pizza thins. And I enjoyed it a lot and it was fast. Only 334 calories

What you will need:
Broccoli
About 6 Florets
11 calories

Cheese, Mozzarella, Shredded
1/4 Cup
84 calories

Sandwich Thins
1 Each
100 calories

Pesto
2 Tablespoons
138

Set Oven to 350°. If broccoli is frozen steam in the microwave. for about 5 minutes. Open the sandwich thin and set on a plate. Put 1 Tb of Pesto on each sandwich half. Top with broccoli and then cheese. Put cheese last to ensure that the broccoli is in place. You can add any other veggie topping as well but there isn't much room so be careful not to stack too high. Put on a cookie sheet and place in the oven until the cheese is nice and melted. Should take about 5 to 7 minutes. You could also put in microwave if you need to save time but I imagine it wouldn't be as tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment