Thursday, October 21, 2010

Death, Kubler-Ross

Where have I been the past weeks you ask? Well I was busy mourning my grandmother. I have been in a deep depression that I really could not see through. I was depressed before my grandma died but after that I sunk much deeper. The only joy I found was in my kids and I don't see them much so I was not happy with my life and my decision to go to school. I fell behind in school and didn't have any care about catching up. Last Thursday while talking to my College Success Skills teacher she suggested I look at the Kubler-Ross model, also known as the 5 stages of death. Which states people go through 5 stages after losing a loved one Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance. I looked it over with Silva and we figured I was in the Bargaining stage. Mainly because I missed my kids so much I would do anything to see them. I tried to get off work early not caring about hours I need. I called Gabi in sick to school even though she was not sick at all. Realizing this I told myself how irrational it was. I of course went deep in to the depression stage and decided I had to take my medicine before something bad happens (I take celexa for anger and depression). I am feeling so much better and am definitely in the Acceptance stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment